Way back in December 2015, nearly 120,000 ebooks were added to Alloway Library’s collection. That was like adding a whole new library to our existing collection – and certainly more than we can fit on our New Titles shelf!
Since then Alloway Library News has been highlighting each week a selection of titles in alphabetical order. Here's the final sample from that addition to the library catalogue with titles starting with W, Y and Z (nope, no X titles here!)
To view more new titles visit the links at the New Titles page
- Why are youth from lower-income families less likely to attend university?: evidence from academic abilities, parental influences, and financial constraints / by Marc Frenette.
- Why aren't we there yet?: twenty years of sustainable development / David Runnells.
- Why Canada needs postal banking / John Anderson.
- Why Canadian crime statistics don't add up: not the whole truth / Scott Newark.
- Why Canadian education isn't improving / by John Merrifield, Malkin Dare, and Claudia R. Hepburn.
- Why did employment and earnings rise among lone mothers during the 1980s and 1990s? / by John Myles ... [et al.].
- Why do rural Alberta women bypass their nearest hospital for delivery? / by Corrine Truman ... [et al.].
- Why does Canada still need a navy? / Peter T. Haydon.
- Why does executive greed prevail in the United States and Canada but not in Japan?: the pattern of low CEO pay and high worker welfare in Japanese corporations / Alberto R. Salazar & John Raggiunti.
- Why is knowledge translation important?: grounding the conversation / Michael Gibbons.
- Why should men and women marry and have children?: parenthood, marital status and self-perceived stress among Canadians / Ali Muhammad, Alain Gagnon.
- Why two old ferries went to India: a critical review of the Canadian ship-recycling legal regime / Sarah Shiels.
- Work/family balance: what do we really know? / Jacques Barrette
- Working after age 65: what is at stake? / Angella MacEwen.
- Windshield wilderness: cars, roads, and nature inWashington's national parks / David Louter ; foreword by William Cronon.
- Women and organized crime / by Margaret Beare.
- The working conditions of BC teachers working in distributed learning: investigating current issues, concerns and practices / Colleen Hawkey, and Larry Kuehn.
- The working conditions of nurses: confronting the challenges.
- Zimbabwe in crisis: Mugabe's policies and failures / Hany Besada and Nicky Moyo.
- Zimbabwe under siege: a Canadian civil society perspective.
- Xenophon's imperial fiction: on the education of Cyrus / James Tatum.
Linguistics & Literature
- Whys & therefores: a rational look at the English language / William Rutherford.
- Words make worlds: terrorism and language / RCMP.
- Words of eternity: Blake and the poetics of the sublime / Vincent Arthur De Luca.