As April winds up, so too our list of new eBooks which were added in a massive catalogue upload back in December. Here, we present titles starting with the letters U and V. To view these eBooks, click on the title; TWU login may be required.
- The unintended consequences of privacy paternalism / Ann Cavoukian, Ph.D., Dr. Alexander Dix, LL.M., Khaled El Emam, Ph.D.
- Unions matter: how the ability of labour unions to reduce income inequality and influence public policy has been affected by regressivelabour laws / Garry Sran.
- The unintended consequences of outsourcing cleaning work / Robert Dryden and Jim Stanford.
- Vacation leave, work hours and wages: new evidence from linked employer-employee data / Ali Fakih.
- Value for money?: cautionary lessons about P3s from British Columbia / by Stuart Murray.
- Varieties of capitalism, varieties of federalism / Alain Noël.
- Voluntary boards and executive directors: a relationship for organizational stability / Larissa Silver, Paula Sladowski ; with the assistance of: Robbie Giles, Carmen Drouin, Christopher Jennings.
- Volunteering and charitable giving in Canada / by Martin Turcotte.
- Vancouver's housing and homelessness strategy 2012-2021: a homefor everyone / prepared by Context Ltd.
- Vaping: towards a regulatory framework for e-cigarettes:report of the Standing Committee on Health / Ben Lobb, chair.
- Virgin olive oil: production, composition, uses and benefits for man / Antonella de Leonardis, editor.
- A vision too far?: lessons from the games that changed Canada: annual Gordon Osbaldeston lecture / delivered by John Furlong.
- Utopian Communities of the Ancient World: Idealistic Experiments of Pythagoras, the Essenes, Pachomius and Proclus. / Brent James Schmidt
- Vesuvius / Gillian Darley.
- Understanding Beowulf as an Indo-European Epic: a Study inComparative Mythology. / Earl R Anderson
- Voltaire and the century of light / A. Owen Aldridge.
- Voicing in contrast: acquiring a second language laryngeal system / edited by Heirman, Jo, Klooster, Jacqueline.
- The UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples:monitoring and realizing indigenous rights in Canada / Terry Mitchell and Charis Enns.
- A viable path to Senate reform? / by Matthew Mendelsohn.
- Understanding the capacity of religious organizations: asynthesis of findings from the National survey of nonprofit and voluntary organizations and the National survey of giving, volunteering and participating / by Barbara Brownlee ... [et al.].
- The Use of Textual Criticism for the Interpretation of Patristic Texts: Seventeen Case Studies. / Kenneth B Steinhauser
- Understanding digital intelligence and the norms that might govern it / David Omand.
- Update on neonicotinoid pesticides and bee health.
- An upstream battle: declines in 10 Pacific salmon stocks and solutions for their survival / [prepared by Karl K. English, Gordon J. Glova, and Anita C. Blakley.
- A vanishing heritage: the loss of ancient red cedar from Canada's rainforests / [John Nelson].
- The viscosity of the earth's mantle / Lawrence M. Cathles, III.
- Visualising sea-level rise / by Paul Maher, Eric Rapaport and Patricia Manuel.
- Vitamin D: the current state in Canada / prepared for Canadian Council of Food and Nutrition ; prepared by Hope Weiler.
- Volatile vinyl: the new shower curtain's chemical smell / authors, Stephen Lester, Michael Schade, Caitlin Weigand.
- / Trent Milburn, editor.
- Volcanic eruptions: triggers, role of climate change, and environmental effects Trent Milburn
- Unsuspecting souls: the disappearance of the human being / by Barry Sanders.
- The values of youth in Canada: research paper / Marc Molgat in collaboration with Katharine Larose-Hébert.
- The volunteer spirit in Canada: motivations and barriers / David Lasby.