We continue to highlight titles from the 120,000 ebooks that were added to Alloway Library’s collection back in December. These new additions will be among the search results when you use the library catalogue.
This week's selection is brought to you by the letter F. To view these ebooks online, click on the title or search for it in the catalogue. (TWU username and password may be required.)
To view more new titles visit the links at the New Titles page.
- Family dispute arbitration and Sharia law / Larry Resnick.
- Financial well-being in retirement / by Sébastien LaRochelle-Côté.
- Follow the money: IsCanada making progress in combatting money laundering and terrorist financing?: Not really : report of the Standing Senate Committee on Banking, Trade andCommerce / Irving R. Gerstein, chair ; Céline Hervieux-Payette, deputy chair.
- Forsaken : the reportof the Missing Women Commission of Inquiry : executive summary / Wally T. Oppal, Commissioner.
- A framework for action : a four-pillar approach to drugproblems in Vancouver : prevention, treatment, enforcement, harm reduction / writing and research, Donald MacPherson, Mari-Louise Rowley.
- Free exercise of religion by closely held corporations : theSupreme Court decision on Hobby Lobby Stores and its implications / Audrey Boone, editor.
- Freedom of expression and freedom from hate in the internetage : special report to Parliament / Canadian Human Rights Commission.
- Freedom of religion and religious symbols in the public sphere / Laura Barnett ; Parliamentary Information and Research Service.
- From curiosity to wealth creation : how university research can boost economicgrowth / Peter Howitt.
- From truth to reconciliation: transforming the legacy of residential schools / prepared for the Aboriginal Healing Foundation by Marlene Brant Castellano, Linda Archibald, Mike DeGagné.
- Fabricating history: English writers on the French Revolution / Barton R. Friedman.
- The fall of a sparrow: the life and times of Abba Kovner / Dina Porat ; translated and edited by Elizabeth Yuval.
- Fetch the devil : the Sierra Diablo murders and Nazi espionage in America / Clint Richmond.
- First Nation land surrenders on the Prairies, 1896-1911 / Peggy Martin-McGuire ; prepared for the Indian Claims Commission.
- From the Boers to the Taliban: how Canadian attitudes towards war havechanged / Tod Strickland.
Literature & film
- The Face of Nature :Wit, Narrative, and Cosmic Origins in Ovid's "Metamorphoses"
- The fantastic in literature / by Eric S. Rabkin.
- Fields of play in modern drama / Thomas R. Whitaker.
- Figural language in the novel: the flowers of speech fromCervantes to Joyce / Ramón Saldívar.
- The figure of Faust in Valéry and Goethe: an exegesis ofMon Faust / Kurt Weinberg.
- The film that changed my life: 30 directors on their epiphanies in thedark / Robert K. Elder.
- Five hundred years of Chinese poetry, 1150-1650 : the Chin,Yuan, and Ming dynasties / Yoshikawa Kōjirō ; translated with a preface by John Timothy Wixted ; including an afterword by William S. Atwell.
- Four Middle English mystery cycles : textual, contextual,and critical interpretations / Martin Stevens.
- Francis Ford Coppola / Jeff Menne.
- From communion to cannibalism : an anatomy of metaphors ofincorporation / Maggie Kilgour.
- From little houses to little women : revisiting a literarychildhood / Nancy McCabe.
- Federalism renewed / by Tom Kent.
- First Amendment Religious Liberties : Supreme Court Decisions and Public Opinion,1947-2013.
- First past the post? : progress report on electoral reform initiatives in Canadian provinces / Henry Milner.
- Fundamentalisms and human rights : report of the meeting / Jan Bauer.
- Future state 2030 : the global megatrends shapinggovernments / KPMG International.
- Ferenczi's turn in psychoanalysis / edited by Peter L. Rudnytsky, Antal Bókay, and Patrizia Giampieri-Deutsch.
- Freud on cocaine / [introduction and English language translation, David Carter].
- Freud's paranoid quest : psychoanalysis and modern suspicion / John Farrell.
- Fish pathogen and pest treatment regulations / Zeynep Husrevoglu.
- Fracking up our water, hydro power and climate : BC's reckless pursuit of shale gas / by Ben Parfitt.
- Fraser river sockeye salmon benchmark study : a business perspective on Fraser sockeye / Stuart Nelson.
- Fraser Valley & Metro Vancouver : snapshot report / Climate Action Initiative, BC Agriculture and Food ; [authors, Erica Crawford & Emily MacNair ; contributing authors, Rachelle Beveridge & David Connell].
- Freshwater : a studyof golf courses in Canada / Alina Michalska.
- From infinity to infinity and beyond : the field evolutionequations / Janina Marciak-Kozłowska and Miroslaw Kozlowski.
- Faith- and community-based organizations : select researchon their roles in job clubs and hurricane relief / Glenn P. Bagley, editor.
- Faith-based ethnic residential communities andneighbourliness / Sandeep Kumar Agrawal and Mohammad A. Qadeer.
- Faith-based organizations engaged in the social economy inwestern Canada : final report / lead researcher Bob McKeon ; research assistants Catherine Madsen, James Rodrigo.
- From just war to modern peace ethics / edited by Heinz-Gerhard Justenhoven and William A. Barbieri, Jr.
Language and Linguistics
- From rules of grammar to laws of nature / Editors: Joachim Lambek (McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada).