Here are more selections from the 120,000 ebooks added to Alloway Library’s collection back in December.
To give you an idea of the scope of material added, here is a selection of titles that start with the letter E. To view these titles online, click on the title or search for the title in the catalogue. (TWU username and password may be required.)
To view more new titles visit the links at the New Titles page.
- e-Giving in Canada: donation trends in the 21st century / Kim Warnke.
- The economy of local food in Vancouver / by Chris Hild.
- Enbridge pipe dreams and nightmares: the economic costs andbenefits of the proposed Northern Gateway Pipeline / by Marc Lee.
- The entertainment software industry in Canada: report of theStanding Committee on Industry, Science and Technology / David Sweet, chair.
- Every image, every child: internet-facilitated child sexualabuse in Canada / Office of the Federal Ombudsman for Victims of Crime.
- Exile and embrace: contemporary religious discourse on thedeath penalty in America / Anthony Santoro.
- The experience of refugee claimants at refugee hearings inthe new system.
- Exposing crisis pregnancy centres in British Columbia: aresearch project / for the Pro-Choice Action Network ; by Joyce Arthur.
- The expressive liberty of beggars: why it matters to them,and to us / by Arthur Schafer.
- Eating disorders among girls and women in Canada: report ofthe Standing Committee on the Status of Women / Hélène LeBlanc, chair.
- Encyclopedia of eye research / James L. McGreeley, editor.
- End of life care: a national dialogue / Canadian Medical Association.
- Energy drinks: threatening or commonplace? an update / Laurie Plamondon, Pierre-André Dubé.
- Enhanced palliative care program: a strategy to enabletimely access to end-of-life care / Canadian Home Care Association.
- Ethical questions during a pandemic: case studies / Christopher McDougall.
- Euthansia and assisted suicide: international experiences / Julia Nicol, Marlisa Tiedemann, Dominique Valiquet.
- Empire and holy war in the Mediterranean: the galley andmaritime conflict between the Habsburgs and Ottomans / Phillip Williams..
- Erasmus and the Age of Reformation / Johan Huizinga ; with a selection from the letters of Erasmus.
- Essays in medieval culture / D.W. Robertson, Jr.
LiteratureEighteenth-century influences on Jane Austen's earlyfiction / Nadya Q. Chishty-Mujahid ; with a foreword by Eman El-Meligi.
- Eliot in his time: essays on the occasion of the fiftiethanniversary of "The Wasteland" / A. Walton Litz [and seven others], editors.
- Enchantment and disenchantment: love and illusion in Chineseliterature / Wai-yee Li.
- Epic geography: James Joyce's Ulysses / by Michael Seidel ; maps drawn by Thomas Crawford.
- Essays and scripts on how mothers are portrayed in thetheatre: a neglected frontier of feminist scholarship / edited by Beth Osnes and Anna Andes ; with a foreword by Kathryn Moller.
- Essays on European literature / by E. R. Curtius ; translated by Michael Kowal.
- E-consultation: enabling democracy between elections / Joseph Peters and Manon Abud ; with comments by Kathleen McNutt, Colin McKay.
- Electoral reform initiatives in Canadian Provinces / Andre Barnes, James R. Robertson.
- Effective defence policy for responding to failed andfailing states / by David Carment.
- Enemies within: confronting homegrown terrorism in Canada / Alex Wilner.
- The ethics of armed conflict: a cosmopolitan just war theory / John W. Lango.
- The enabling society / Peter Hicks.
- Everything old is new again: observations on Parliamentaryreform / Thomas S. Axworthy.
- Earthquakes: triggers, environmental impact, and potentialhazards / Kostas Konstantinou, editor.
- Ecological Aspects of Social Evolution: Birds and Mammals
- The economics of protecting old growth forest: an analysisof spotted owl habitat in the Fraser Timber Supply Area of British Columbia:final report / Duncan Knowler and Kristin Dust.
- Einstein in Spain: relativity and the recovery of science / Thomas F. Glick
- Eulachon (Thaleichthys pacificus): past and present / by Megan Felicity Moody and Tony J. Pitcher.
- Evaluation of B.C. flood policy coastal area in a changingclimate / Arlington Group Planning + Architecture ; prepared for British Columbia Ministry of Environment.
- The Evolution of the Eye from Algae and Jellyfish to Humans:How Vision Adapts to Environment.
- Engaging faculty and staff: an imperative for fosteringretention, advising, and smart borrowing / in collaboration with the Educational Policy Institute.
- Engaging students to think critically in a large historyclass / Mairi Cowan, Tyler Evans-Tokaryk, Elaine Goettler, Jeffrey Graham, Christopher Landon, Simone Laughton, Sharon Marjadsingh, Caspian Sawczak and Alison Weir.
- English pronunciation research: the neglected orphan ofsecond language acquisition studies? / Jun Deng ... [et al.].
- ESL and literacy: finding common ground, serving learners'needs: a survey of the literature / by the Centre for Literacy ; [researched and drafted by Nancy Flagg].
- ESL assessment practices in the BC post-secondary system:final report: September, 2010 / Elizabeth West ... [et al.].
- Every class in every school: final report on the firstnational climate survey on homophobia, biphobia, and transphobia in Canadianschools / researchers: Catherine Taylor and Tracey Peter.
- The evolution of language: proceedings of the 10thInternational Conference (EVOLANG10) / editors: Erica A. Cartmill, Seán Roberts, Heidi Lyn, Hannah Cornish.
- Experts or amateurs?: Gauging young Canadians' digitalliteracy skills / written for MediaSmarts by Valerie Steeves.
- Explanatory models in linguistics: a behavioral perspective / Pere Julià.
- Exploring college writing: reading, writing and researchingacross the curriculum / Dan Melzer.