Nearly 120,000 ebooks were added to Alloway Library’s collection since December 6. That’s like adding a whole new library to our existing collection – and certainly more than we can fit on our New Titles shelf! These new additions will be among the search results when you use the library catalogue.
To give you an idea of the scope of material added, here is a selection of titles from the first 6,000 titles on the list. To view these titles online, search for the title in the catalogue. (TWU username and password may be required.)
To view more new titles visit the links at the New Titles page
Arts and Letters
- Agatha Christie: the finished portrait / Andrew Norman.
- The Age of Grace: Charis in Early Greek Poetry.
- Alexander Pope and the traditions of formal verse satire / by Howard D. Weinbrot.
- The analogy of The Faerie queene / James Nohrnberg.
- Ancient Greek novels: the fragments : introduction, text, translation, and commentary / edited by Susan A. Stephens and John J. Winkler.
- The Ancient Quarrel Between Poetry and Philosophy .
- Ancient scripts & modern experience on the English stage, 1500-1700 / by Bruce R. Smith.
- Architectural Inventions : Visionary Drawing of Buildings.
- Art deco : a mode of mobility / Michael Windover ; foreword by Rhodri Windsor Liscombe.
- The Art of Place in Literature for Children and Young Adults : How Locale Shapes a Story.
- Audiovisual Translation Subtitles and Subtitling : Subtitles and Subtitling: Theory and Practice.
- Automated essay scoring : a literature review / Susan M. Phillips.
- 11 million litres a day : the tar sands' leaking legacy / [author, Matt Price].
- Adaptation to sea level rise in metro Vancouver : a review of literature for historical sea level flooding and projected sea level rise in metro Vancouver / Patrick Forseth.
- Assessing the risks of Kinder Morgan's proposed new Trans Mountain pipeline.
- Axed : a decade of cuts to BC's Forest Service / by Ben Parfitt.
- The 1916 Diaries of an Irish Rebel and a British Soldier .
- Advertising at war : business, consumers, and government in the 1940s / Inger L. Stole.
- Afghanistan : a cultural and political history / Thomas Barfield.
- Another City upon a Hill : a New England Memoir.
- Arming the nation : Canada's industrial war effort, 1939-1945 / a paper prepared by Dr. J.L. Granatstein for the Canadian Council of Chief Executives on the occasion of the Council's Roundtable on Foreign Policy and Defence at the Canadian War Museum.
- The axe and the oath : ordinary life in the Middle Ages / Robert Fossier ; translated by Lydia G. Cochrane.
- Alien landscapes? : interpreting disordered minds / Jonathan Glover.
- Animal models in cancer research and human disease : applications, outcomes and controversies / Sean A. Murray, editor.
- Assisted reproduction after death : parentage and implications / Alberta Law Reform Institute.
- Authorizing dried cannabis for chronic pain or anxiety : preliminary guidance / the College of Family Physicians of Canada.
- The 99% solution : how globalization makes everyone's income a little more equal / Don McIver.
- The aftermath of the Rwandan genocide : a study of the crisis of children born of rape committed during the genocide : report of the Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Development / Dean Allison, chair ; Subcommittee on International Human Rights ; Scott Reid, chair.
- Alcohol : a history / Rod Phillips.
- American hardcore : a tribal history / by Steven Blush ; edited & designed by George Petros.
- Anecdotal report on the incidence of forced marriage in western Canada / submitted to Justice Canada by Indo-Canadian Women's Association ; prepared by Zohra Husaini, Jagjeet Bhardwaj.
- Anti-spam laws in western countries : a comparison / Alysia Davies.
- Apartheid, Canada's ugly secret .
- The Arab Avant-Garde : Music, Politics, Modernity.
- The art of censorship in postwar Japan / Kirsten Cather.
- Assessing cyber threats to Canadian infrastructure / report prepared for the Canadian Security Intelligence Service by Angela Gendron and Martin Rudner.
- Assessment of the outcomes for Habitat for Humanity home buyers : final report / Maureen Crawford, Jane Londerville.
- Avoiding the precipice : an evaluation of Aunt Leah's Link program in supporting youth from foster care : final report / prepared by Deborah Rutman, Carol Hubberstey, Sharon Hume.