Nearly 120,000 ebooks were added to Alloway Library’s collection since December 6. That’s like adding a whole new library to our existing collection – and certainly more than we can fit on our New Titles shelf! These new additions will be among the search results when you use the library catalogue.
To give you an idea of the scope of material added, here is a selection of titles that start with the letter B. To view these titles online click on the title or search for the title in the catalogue. (TWU username and password may be required.)To view more new titles visit the links at the New Titles page.
Arts & Letters
- The backwards research guide for writers : using your life for reflection, connectionand inspiration / Sonya Huber.
- Balzac's comedy of words / Martin Kanes.
- Becoming Jimi Hendrix : from Southern crossroads to psychedelic London, the untold story of amusical genius / Steve Roby and Brad Schreiber.
- Bamfield, B.C. :wonderful things can happen at the end of the road / [Anne Makhoul].
- The beginning of terror : a psychological study of Rainer Maria Rilke's life and work / David Kleinbard.
- Believing in opera / by Tom Sutcliffe.
- Beowulf, a pagan hero : a modern poetic translation / Julie Boyden.
- Billion Dollar Painter : the Triumph and Tragedy of Thomas Kinkade, Painter of Light.
- Bob Dylan : writings1968-2010 / by Greil Marcus.
- Boethius and dialogue : literary method in The consolationof philosophy / Seth Lerer.
- Blake and the assimilation of chaos / Christine Gallant.
- The boy who would be Shakespeare : a tale of forgery and folly / Doug Stewart.
- Buddhism and American cinema / edited by John Whalen-Bridge and Gary Storhoff ; foreword by Danny Rubin.
- Banking on the body : the market in blood, milk, and sperm in modern America / Kara W. Swanson.
- Bathing in residential care : a report on research conducted at Stanford Place Care Campus from May2010 to August 2010, Parksville, British Columbia / submitted to the Vancouver Island Health Authority and Eldercare Foundation by Ann Holroyd ... [et al.].
- Bed bugs are back :are we ready? / Woodgreen, Habitat Services, Public Interest Strategy and Communications Inc.
- Bleach versus accelerated hydrogen peroxide for clostridiumdifficile and norovirus disinfection : areview of the clinical effectiveness and safety / [prepared by Health Technology Inquiry Service].
- Breastfeeding best practice guidelines for nurses / Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario.
- Bird conservation strategy for Bird Conservation Region 5 :Northern Pacific rainforest / Ivy Whitehorne, Paul Levesque, Véronique Connolly, Alicia Newbury and Elsie Krebs were the main authors of this document ; Canadian Wildlife Service.
- The boreal forest region : North America's bird nursery / Peter Blancher and Jeffrey Wells.
- B.C.'s food self-reliance : can B.C.'s farmers feed our growing population?
- Balancing conflicting rights : towards an analytical framework / by B.J. Wray.
- Beer, butter, and barristers : how Canadian governments putcartels before consumers / Robert Mysicka and Marty McKendry.
- Behind closed doors :how faith-based arbitration shuts out women's rights in Canada and abroad / [author: Karin Baqi].
- Belonging to law : religious difference, secularism, and theconditions of civic inclusion working paper / Benjamin L. Berger.
- The best and worst places to be a woman in Canada 2015 : thegender gap in Canada's 25 biggest cities / Kate McInturff, with Courtney Lockhart.
- Between Scylla and Charybdis : the ethical and moral dilemmas of humanitarian action / Alina Sajed.
- Beyond conscientious objection : Canadian refugee jurisprudence on militaryservice evasion / Martin Jones.
- Beyond scandal and patronage : a rationale and strategy for serious Senate reform / Brian Lee Crowley.
- Bloggers or floggers? : Undercover advertising exposed : research report / by Option consommateurs ; [research was overseen by Maryse Guénette ; conducted by Geneviève Grenier].
- Blood looks very red on the colour television screen : the evolution of representing modern war inAmerica / Emily Saso.
- Blueprint for an inquiry : learning from the failures of the Missing Women Commission of Inquiry / Darcie Bennett ... [et al.].
- Breaking the stereotype : why urban aboriginals score highly on "happiness" measures / Dominique M. Gross and John Richards.
- A brave new world :where biotechnology and human rights intersect.
- British Columbia problem gambling prevalence study : final report / submitted to Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch, Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General ; submitted by Ipsos Reid Public Affairs and by Gemini Research.
- Broken covenant : how Stephen Harper set out to silencedissent and curtail democratic participation in Canada / Maude Barlow.
- Bureaucrats in uniform : the politicization and decline of the RoyalCanadian Mounted Police / Barry Cooper.