|Perry Havens with a female visitor or staff member|
May 01, 2011
On This Day in TWU's History...Name that place
On May 1, 1961, According to the Minutes of the meeting of the Canada School Committee of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada, held at North Surrey, BC, Reverend Charles McGee rose to move that “Trinity Junior College” be “adopted as the permanent name of the new Free Church college in Canada.”
The College project had first been proposed in 1956 and, by September 1960 the Committee held the deed of the Seal-Kap Dairy Farm, were raising funds and had secured 10 buildings from a dam construction site.