November 26, 2010

Borrowing at other libraries? Carry the right ID.

Alloway Library participates in partnerships that allow TWU students and employees to borrow material from other post-secondary libraries across Canada. Depending on the jurisdiction, different forms of identification are required, and these are summarized below. Every institution has the right to stipulate exactly what kind of ID is required to grant borrowing privileges and so, it is highly recommended that before going to another library you check to see what their requirements are.

  • Participating institutions in BC require valid TWU ID.
  • Participating institutions outside of BC require a COPPUL card.
  • All institutions may required some form of official identification such as a driver's licence or passport.
  • Proof of residence, such as a utility bill, with your name and address may also be requested in some cases.
Visit Alloway Library's Borrowing at Other Institutions page for lists of, and links to participating libraries.

No comments: