April 29, 2010

Partners in a success story

We were very pleased to receive a kind note from graduate student Jonathan Michael this week:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart and three cheers for librarians.

I am very grateful for the support you, and every person in the library, have given me all these years. I could not have done it without each of you. You supported my academic bent and passion for books and learning. All of you were always helpful and kind and I think Trinity has the most helpful librarians in the lower mainland. I am willing to go on record to say that (some other libraries) can take lessons from you all!!! I have cards at all the others: SFU, Regent, UBC etc, but TWU is home and I will miss coming to the Library. (Although they tell me that as Alumni I can still borrow books.)
Dean of Graduate Studies, Bill Acton (L) presents the GG gold to Jonathan

Jonathan received the Gold Governor General's Academic Medal for highest academic achievement in graduating with his Master's Degree summa cum laude. Upon learning of this honour...

I thought of you and how you have served me over the years and I am grateful as this is part of your victory too as a successful librarian!!!!! You succeeded, you found me the books, extended them, gave me advice, etc. So thank you from the bottom of my heart to you and all the other staff there...
I am very grateful to the tribe of people called librarians - I love them. More power to all of you!


... and also to you dear patron!

No comments: