Alloway Library staff want to ensure that library patrons are prepared for this outage.
Information Technology staff advise us that the public terminals in the library should be able to access the library’s catalogue, but will not be able to access databases, online journals or student portal application such as eCourses, or mytwu email. We expect that printing and Microsoft Office applications on the public terminals will be available. While the network is down there will be no access from outside of the library to the catalogue, databases, or online journals. Alloway Library staff will not be able to send or receive email during the shutdown.
During the March 7 -8 system-down period we expect:
- In-library access to the catalogue
- Workstation access to Microsoft Office
- Check-out material
- Renew material in person or by phone
- Wireless access to the internet. See exceptions below
Subject to change without notice!
- No access to databases and online journals
- No access from outside of the building to the catalogue
- No access from library workstations to the internet
- No online renewals
- No access to student portal
- No email notifications sent
To assist researchers access the internet the reference librarian will have a wireless laptop during Information Desk hours on Saturday afternoon from 12:30 – 4:30.
Circulation staff will be able to check out and renew material, but may ask patrons to postpone borrowing or limit the number of items borrowed until the system is back online.
Alma Barranco-Mendoza, Executive Director of IT adds “We understand that a fix like this will be a major disruption for everyone and that no day is convenient. However, we need to do this before the system has an unplanned catastrophic shutdown and disrupts all our services for an indefinite amount of time.”